Skip to content

Bedroom Drapes

March 29, 2009

I’ve finished the bedroom drapes and Nik and I hung them up last weekend.  These are definitely the most complex curtains I’ve made.  I used a satiny fabric that’s normal used for formal dresses.  They’re pinch-pleated at the top and I lined them with blackout fabric to block the lights from the alley.  I’m very pleased with the way they turned out, but I’m glad I don’t have plans to make any more drapes this detailed and involved!  I am planning on building a valance to go over the top with my dad’s help.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: